Sorry you missed the event, but hopefully you’ll be able to catch an upcoming event soon..
Subscribe to get event updates from 2023 Americana Song Academy
About the Event
This year's Song Academy will once again take place at the stunning House on Metolius:, NF-980, Camp Sherman, OR 97739; https://www.metolius.com/
Stay tuned for 2023's SFF Artist Instructor lineup!
Camp staff: Brad Tisdel, creative director; Beth Wood, staff director
The Americana Song Academy inspires people to believe in their creativity and helps develop a community that supports that pursuit.
Select artists performing at the Sisters Folk Festival arrive early to teach all aspects of music, songwriting, performance and singing.
Participants deeply engage and nurture their music, songs, and aspirations. Private concerts, open mics and mentor sessions are all part of the experience.
The musical alchemy of the festival artists from Song Camp helps inspire collaborations and exceptional performances at the festival each year.
Campers participate in workshops, communal meals and activities at House on Metolius, a private resort and nature reserve on the Metolius River.
With an extraordinary caterer, a beautiful and powerful location, and a unique, intimate experience, the event continues to be highly anticipated and sells out each year.
As of December 2022, proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will NOT be required to attend Song Academy; this is a fluid situation and changes to policy will be informed by local, state regulations and national health codes.
Cost: $700, includes all instruction, meals and snacks. plus ability to camp onsite in a tent or small RV. Porta-johns and a handwashing station will be provided.
Refund less $50 fee through 7/31/23. Refund less $150 through 8/31/23. No refunds after August 31, 2023.
1. Is there a minimum age to participate? Yes, participants must be at least 18 years old, unless they are part of the Sisters High School Americana Project and are personally invited to attend.
2. On site dry camping is available for a nominal fee for tents and small RVs with porta-potties and handwashing stations provided for campers. Close, off-site camping is available at several beautiful National Forest campgrounds that are less than a 5 minute drive upstream (10 minute walk) along the Metolius River. Song campers may also elect to stay in lodging in town or at Black Butte Ranch.
• The Gorge Campground: https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/267083
• Smiling River Campground: https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233197
• Pine Rest Campground:
There are also a couple of privately-owned RV campgrounds in Camp Sherman with full hookups.
3. What if I have dietary restrictions? Can I bring my own food? Please fill out the questionnaire on your registration form. Our camp caterer is excellent and can accommodate most dietary needs.
4. Can I reserve a one-on-one session with a specific instructor? We generally provide one mentor session per day for each camper, and sign-ups are held during camp for mentor sessions. Most instructors are available throughout camp as well.
5. Can I arrive earlier than 10:00 on Monday? Campers are welcome to arrive beginning at 9:00 AM on Monday, September 25; sorry, we are unable to accommodate early arrivals. Official activities get underway at 10:00 AM.
6. Where do I stay after Camp, if I'm planning to attend the festival? We encourage you to check out our Where To Stay page (https://sistersfolkfestival.org/where-to-stay/) for lodging recommendations call the Sisters Area Chamber of Commerce at (541) 549-0251. There are numerous vacation rentals in Sisters through Air BnB, VRBO, Vacasa, etc. We strongly encourage campers to investigate those options well in advance, as accommodations sell out early for the festival.
7. Can I bring my child or spouse/partner to House on Metolius with me if they are not participating in camp? Sorry, only confirmed registrants are permitted on the campus during Song Academy.
8. Can I bring a pet? Only service animals are permitted at Camp.
9. What should I bring? Suitable Clothing – Camp Sherman is in the mountains with chilly nights and sometimes hot days. Swimwear and sunscreen, insect repellant, sunglasses, flyfishing gear and license. Reusable water bottle and/or thermos. Instrument(s) – whatever you choose to play and compose on.