The Lot with PDX Kids Film Festival presents a series of shorts - The Best of the Festivals Short Films. Join us on Sunday, September 12 for nine amazing short films for kids, curated by the team at PDX Kids Film Festival. Gather the kids for an afternoon of fun, inspiring and clever short films in a spacious outdoor setting. Total run time, 80 minutes.
The Portland Kids Film Festival is Portland's first international film festival for children and their families. The PDX Kids Film Fest has proudly screened over 100 beautiful and impactful animated, live action and documentary films from all over the world.
Sunday, September 12
Doors | 12:00 PM
Movie | 1:00 PM
$20-25 per person. All tickets sold as 2, 4 and 6-person seating pods. VIP seating pods available. Kids 1 and under free.
Belly Flop (South Africa, Kelly Dillon 2018, 4 minutes 55 seconds) Belly Flop is a short film inspired by perseverance. This is the funny story of Penny, a fearless girl who tries to steal the scene from a talented diver.
Little Red Riding Hood (Czech Republic, Martina Holvoca, 2017, 5 minutes) A feisty feminist take on this classic fairy tale.
Cat Lake City (Germany, Antje Heyn, 2019, 7 minutes) A cat’s vacation goes wrong when a family of ducks get involved.
The Magic Of Chess (United States, Jenny Schweitzer Bell, 2019, 5 min) A documentary about the National Elementary Chess championship.
Overboard! (Filip Pošivač & Barbora Valecká, 2019, 12 min.) Kooky Chameleon and cross-eyed Kiwi won’t let a little judgement stop them from making it onto the rescue ark.
My Brother, Luca ( Carlos Algara & Catalina Serna, 2019, 9 min) When an imaginative little girl discovers that her brother might have superpowers, she sets out on a quest to make sure everyone else sees him as she does.
Wash Day (Jaida Salmon, 2019, 2 min) Join Zoey as she goes through her weekly grueling routine of washing and styling her hair.
Boriya (France, South Korea Min Sung Ah, 2020, 17 min) Dreamer, dawdler, adventurer, Bori tries her best on a day in the countryside, but with everyone occupied during farming season, she just may get off track.
Konigiri-Kun: Butterfly (Mari Miyazawa, 2018, 5 min) Konigiri-Kun wants to keep precious things close, but sometimes the most beautiful thing of all is freedom.
The Lot at Zidell Yards is Portland’s premier socially-distanced, outdoor performance venue. Seating pods will be clearly marked and socially-distanced with at least 6 feet between each pod. We have three different pod sizes for up to 2, 4, and 6-person groups.
The safety of all event attendees at The Lot is our number one priority. Covid-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), senior citizens and persons with underlying conditions are especially vulnerable. We will follow the CDC and state of Oregon guidelines for Covid-19, which are subject to change from time to time.
- Must stay home if experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. Symptoms include, but are not limited to: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, and fatigue
- Requested to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue
- Seating capacity will not exceed current state and OHA guidelines for Outdoor Entertainment Establishments. As of July 1, venue seating pod accommodations at The Lot will allow for 600 attendees.
- Socially-distanced seating pods
- Touchless ticket scanning upon entry
- Ample walkways throughout the venue to allow for safe passage
- Numerous hand-washing and sanitizing stations at venue
- Restrooms will be sanitized by a restroom attendant
- Thorough sanitization of seating pods before each show
- Pre-event communications and on-site posted signage with instructions, reminders and venue protocols
Staff, Crew and Performers:
- Prohibited from working if experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. Symptoms include, but are not limited to: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, and fatigue
- Trained on Covid-19 safety and sanitation procedures
- Mandated to practice regular hand-washing, sanitization, and social-distancing protocols
PLEASE NOTE: Please be aware that any public place where people are present brings an inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19. Given the foregoing, as a condition of your entry to The Lot and the event, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless all event owners, operators, producers, participants, performers and their respective principals, affiliates, subsidiaries, and representatives from any claims related to the transmission of Covid-19. Please check for updates immediately prior to the event.
No re-entry. No outside food or beverage. All events are rain or shine. No refunds. All tickets must be purchased in advance; no on-site ticket sales.
Management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission or to eject any event attendee who fails to comply with the rules of the event or applicable laws or guidelines, including but not limited to those related to Covid-19.
If the event needs to be rescheduled due to a change in state gathering guidelines due to Covid-19, your funds and tickets will be applied to the rescheduled date.