Live at The Lot on Sunday, August 22: Josiah Johnson. Johnson, a former and founding member of the Billboard- chart topping band The Head and the Heart brings the lush musical arrangements and harmonies of his debut solo album Every Feeling on a Loop to The Lot stage. Like many musicians before him, Johnson turned to drugs to cope with the burnout and anxiety that came with his new life in the band The Head and the Heart. Too many long nights and too few emotional tools - twin flames that burned at both ends. He knew something was wrong, he knew his friends and family knew something was wrong, but from the outside, his life still looked pristine. In the midst of writing The Head and the Heart’s third album, Signs of Light, Johnson checked into a rehab facility. With time, though, came clarity. “I’ve learned to love my process,” Johnson says. “I’ve learned to love when I’ve taken the long way and where I get to admit mistakes. Humility and uncertainty are welcome. Being seen for who I am and where I’m at is my priority. And I am exactly where I am supposed to be. The result of that new courage bears out in how I’m able to be a better friend to the people I love. That’s the gift.”
Doors | 6:00 PM
DJ | 6:30 PM
Show | 7:30 PM
$30-45 per person. All tickets sold as 2, 4 and 6-person seating pods. VIP seating pods available.
The Lot at Zidell Yards is Portland’s premier socially-distanced, outdoor performance venue. Seating pods will be clearly marked and socially-distanced with at least 6 feet between each pod. We have three different pod sizes for up to 2, 4, and 6-person groups.
The safety of all event attendees at The Lot is our number one priority. Covid-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), senior citizens and persons with underlying conditions are especially vulnerable. We will follow the CDC and state of Oregon guidelines for Covid-19, which are subject to change from time to time.
- Must stay home if experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. Symptoms include, but are not limited to: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, and fatigue
- Requested to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue
- Seating capacity will not exceed current state and OHA guidelines for Outdoor Entertainment Establishments. As of July 1, venue seating pod accommodations at The Lot will allow for 600 attendees.
- Socially-distanced seating pods
- Touchless ticket scanning upon entry
- Ample walkways throughout the venue to allow for safe passage
- Numerous hand-washing and sanitizing stations at venue
- Restrooms will be sanitized by a restroom attendant
- Thorough sanitization of seating pods before each show
- Pre-event communications and on-site posted signage with instructions, reminders and venue protocols
Staff, Crew and Performers:
- Prohibited from working if experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. Symptoms include, but are not limited to: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, and fatigue
- Trained on Covid-19 safety and sanitation procedures
- Mandated to practice regular hand-washing, sanitization, and social-distancing protocols
PLEASE NOTE: Please be aware that any public place where people are present brings an inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19. Given the foregoing, as a condition of your entry to The Lot and the event, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless all event owners, operators, producers, participants, performers and their respective principals, affiliates, subsidiaries, and representatives from any claims related to the transmission of Covid-19. Please check for updates immediately prior to the event.
No re-entry. No outside food or beverage. All events are rain or shine. No refunds. All tickets must be purchased in advance; no on-site ticket sales.
Management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission or to eject any event attendee who fails to comply with the rules of the event or applicable laws or guidelines, including but not limited to those related to Covid-19.
If the event needs to be rescheduled due to a change in state gathering guidelines due to Covid-19, your funds and tickets will be applied to the rescheduled date.